Coach Prandelli backs Balotelli
Saturday 26 May 2012
The Italy coach, Cesare Prandelli, yesterday expressed his faith in controversial Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli.
The veteran tactician has dropped the 21-year-old in the past because of his Premier League indiscipline.
However, Prandelli now sees the City striker as focused on the European Championship.
"When I heard Balotelli say that he will not leave Italy down to 10 men, I believed him 100 per cent," Prandelli said. "There is a big awareness in the team that something can be achieved."
Balotelli is among six strikers in Prandelli's preliminary squad, along with Milan's Antonio Cassano, Roma's Fabio Borini, Mattia Destro of Siena, Udinese's captain Antonio Di Natale and Parma's Sebastian Giovinco.
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Arsenal are 'short of greatness' - so take a gamble in the transfer market, urges Terry Venables
Arsenal transfer news: Ray Parlour urges Arsene Wenger to make late move for Edinson Cavani
WWE Raw preview: Will John Cena continue to defy the threat of Brock Lesnar?
Petr Cech transfer latest: Chelsea goalkeeper posts cryptic tweet amid exit talk
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127