Colombia v Uruguay team news: Diego Forlan replaces banned Luis Suarez in the Uruguay side
The veteran striker returns to the line-up to face Colombia after Suarez withdrew from the squad
Diego Forlan will start for Uruguay in place of the banned Luis Suarez in the World Cup second round clash against Colombia.
The 35-year-old will receive his 85th cap as Oscar Tabarez prepares his side to face Colombia without star striker Suarez.
Diego Godin, who scored the winner against Italy to send Uruguay through from Group D, starts at the back alongside Atletico Madrid youngster Jose Gimenez.
Nicolas Lodeiro drops out from the starting XI and is replaced by defensive midfielder Diego Perez.
Meanwhile, Colombia revert to their normal starting XI after resting the likes of Juan Cuadrado against Japan. Jackson Martinez retains his place in the team after his two goals inspired them to a 4-1 win.
Colombia: Ospina; Zuniga, Yepes, Zapata, Armero; Aguilar, Sanchez, J Rodriguez, Cuadrado; Gutierrez, Martinez
Uruguay: Muslera; Caceres, Godin, Gimenez, Pereira; Arevalo Rios, Perez, Gonzalez; Cavani, Forlan, C Rodriguez
Latest in Sport
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao begin and what channel is it on?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao live: Mayweather puts on defensive masterclass to win by unanimous decision
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao begin on Sky Sports Box Office?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does the fight start and what channel is it on?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Only 132 pubs in the United Kingdom will show the fight - so where can you watch it?
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 3 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen