Colombia vs Uruguay World Cup 2014: James Rodriguez or Edinson Cavani - who was the star man?
Man-for-man marking from the all-South American clash in Rio de Janeiro
Saturday 28 June 2014
James Rodriguez scored an absolute stunner to set Colombia on their way against Uruguay.
The Monaco winger was sensational in Rio de Janeiro adding a second with a simple tap-in as Uruguay struggled to fire without banned striker Luis Suarez.
Rodriguez opened the scoring with one of the goals of the tournament so far, controlling a ball with his back to goal before turning and volleying past Fernando Muslera in off the crossbar.
Rodriguez then added a second after the break, adding the finishing touch to a good move.
The win sets up a draw with host nation Brazil on Friday.
Who do you think was the man of the match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies from spine injury after doing somersault celebration
How Real Madrid started copying Barcelona's old pass masters, and began reaping the rewards
Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Anderlecht vs Arsenal: Champions League match preview
Chelsea vs Maribor player ratings: Cesc Fabregas? Eden Hazard? Didier Drogba? Who was the star of the show at Stamford Bridge?
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat