Colombia vs Uruguay World Cup 2014: James Rodriguez or Edinson Cavani - who was the star man?
Man-for-man marking from the all-South American clash in Rio de Janeiro
Saturday 28 June 2014
James Rodriguez scored an absolute stunner to set Colombia on their way against Uruguay.
The Monaco winger was sensational in Rio de Janeiro adding a second with a simple tap-in as Uruguay struggled to fire without banned striker Luis Suarez.
Rodriguez opened the scoring with one of the goals of the tournament so far, controlling a ball with his back to goal before turning and volleying past Fernando Muslera in off the crossbar.
Rodriguez then added a second after the break, adding the finishing touch to a good move.
The win sets up a draw with host nation Brazil on Friday.
Who do you think was the man of the match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Police probe Mario Balotelli racist abuse as Kick It Out voice their displeasure
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
Manchester City vs Chelsea match report: Frank Lampard shows no joy after denying Chelsea victory
Leicester City 5 Manchester United 3 player ratings: Leonard Ulloa? Radamel Falcao? Jamie Vardy? Angel Di Maria? Who was the star man?
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond