Costa Rica 0 England 0 player ratings World Cup 2014: Did Daniel Sturridge or Joel Campbell impress?
A look at the individual performances in England's 0-0 draw with Costa Rica
England finished their World Cup campaign with a drab 0-0 draw against Costa Rica, who had already qualified, in Group D.
Costa Rica needed only a draw to guarantee top spot in Group D and they did just that, keeping their second clean sheet of the tournament, although they had Keylor Navas to thank.
England meanwhile can look ahead to the future after their worst tournament since 1958, having lost both of their opening games to Italy and Uruguay.
Roy Hodgson made several changes, with the likes of Frank Lampard and Jack Wilshere receiving their first starts of the tournament, and regulars Steven Gerrard and Joe Hart replaced in the line-up.
Daniel Sturridge was the main man up top while Wayne Rooney had to settle for a place on the bench, and the Liverpool man missed three golden chances to end England's chances of leaving Brazil with a win under their belt.
Who do you think should have been man of the match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it