Cristiano Ronaldo fitness: Real Madrid forward expected to play for Portugal against Sweden and Zlatan Ibrahimovic
The forward missed training yesterday
It has been billed as Cristiano Ronaldo v Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but the World Cup play-off between Portugal and Sweden is in danger of missing one of the lead roles.
Ronaldo sat out training yesterday amid fears he will not be ready for the first leg in Portugal.
However, the latest update on the Real Madrid forward is that his absence from the session was a precautionary measure, and he should line-up against Sweden.
The former Manchester United player has an ongoing problem with his left foot, although he was fit enough to score a hat-trick in the demolition of Real Sociedad at the weekend.
Much has been made of the battle between two of the best players in the world, with one certain to miss out on a place at next summer's tournament in Brazil.
Room for one more: Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Cristiano Ronaldo cannot both go to the World Cup
Latest in Sport
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God