Denmark banish Nicklas Bendtner for six-months following drink-drive arrest
The 25-year-old is currently on loan at Juventus from Arsenal
Monday 04 March 2013
The Danish Football Association (DBU) has said striker Nicklas Bendtner will not be considered for national team selection for the next six months after he was arrested for drink-driving.
The 25-year-old, who is currently on loan at Juventus from Arsenal, was stopped by police for driving against the traffic in Copenhagen on Saturday night.
A statement from the DBU today confirmed Bendtner will be charged with a violation of the Road Traffic Act and, as a result, will not be considered for international duty for the foreseeable future.
"The DBU has invited Nicklas Bendtner to spend the next six months considering his future as an international," it read.
"The DBU respects any player's right to privacy but also has some rules and expectations regarding the public profile of each player."
Latest in Sport
Police probe Mario Balotelli racist abuse as Kick It Out voice their displeasure
Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Manchester City vs Chelsea match report: Frank Lampard shows no joy after denying Chelsea victory
Leicester City 5 Manchester United 3 player ratings: Leonard Ulloa? Radamel Falcao? Jamie Vardy? Angel Di Maria? Who was the star man?
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders