Denmark banish Nicklas Bendtner for six-months following drink-drive arrest
The 25-year-old is currently on loan at Juventus from Arsenal
Monday 04 March 2013
The Danish Football Association (DBU) has said striker Nicklas Bendtner will not be considered for national team selection for the next six months after he was arrested for drink-driving.
The 25-year-old, who is currently on loan at Juventus from Arsenal, was stopped by police for driving against the traffic in Copenhagen on Saturday night.
A statement from the DBU today confirmed Bendtner will be charged with a violation of the Road Traffic Act and, as a result, will not be considered for international duty for the foreseeable future.
"The DBU has invited Nicklas Bendtner to spend the next six months considering his future as an international," it read.
"The DBU respects any player's right to privacy but also has some rules and expectations regarding the public profile of each player."
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao: 'Changes are not easy, but there are times when you have to'
Paul Scholes: I'm sticking my neck out - Hull to win and Newcastle to be relegated on final day
David Luiz says 'I'm not a virgin': Former Chelsea defender denies he is celibate
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama