Didier Deschamps reminds Arsene Wenger who runs the France team following Arsenal manager's Abou Diaby comments
France manager Didier Deschamps used his press conference today to remind his compatriot Arsene Wenger who runs the national team.
Earlier this week, Abou Diaby was ruled out for three weeks with a thigh injury, something the Arsenal manager attributed to the midfielder's inclusion in France's previous matches.
"I think it was a mistake to play him with the national team," said Wenger on Monday.
He added: "I said many times that if France wanted Diaby in Spain they should not take him for Finland and Belarus."
Today, Deschamps hit back at the remarks.
"I want to remind him that I am the only one to decide who will be picked and how long those who are picked will play," said the defiant Deschamps, who has omitted Samir Nasri despite the Manchester City midfielder's three-game suspension for his behaviour at Euro 2012 coming to an end.
"There is only one to decide and it's me," he added.
Latest in Sport
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Ghosts of past cast a massive shadow
Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao? Ricky Hatton, Mike Tyson, Ronda Rousey, George Foreman and more make their predictions
Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
Kyle Walker dog video: Tottenham defender categorically denies 'disgusting' rumours
- 1 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 The Visit: Trailer for M Night Shyamalan's latest horror film is terrifying
- 5 9/11: Iranian General accuses US of organising September 11 terror attacks