Divock Origi to Liverpool: Belgium striker to hold talks this week over £9.8m transfer
A deal with Lille has been agreed
Divock Origi is edging closer to a £9.8m switch to Liverpool.
A fee has been agreed with Lille and following Belgium's exit from the World Cup at the hands of Argentina, the 19-year-old is due to hold talks with the Anfield club.
It's reported that terms will be discussed this week with Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers open to loaning him back to Lille to allow him to build up more experience.
Origi emerged as one of the surprise stars of this summer's World Cup. Prior to the tournament he received little attention due to being surrounded by an array of Premier League heavyweights. But with Romelu Lukaku struggling at the tournament, Origi took his chance.
Marc Wilmots started him in the quarter-final defeat to Argentina and the Last 16 victory over the United States in place of the Chelsea striker. He also made three substitute appearances during the group phase, coming off the bench to score the winner against Russia.
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
Comment: Louis Van Gaal struggled at start of Bayern reign, but Manchester United's problems run deeper and Premier League is less forgiving
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 What are your fingerprint words?
- 5 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets