Divock Origi to Liverpool: Belgium striker to hold talks this week over £9.8m transfer
A deal with Lille has been agreed
Divock Origi is edging closer to a £9.8m switch to Liverpool.
A fee has been agreed with Lille and following Belgium's exit from the World Cup at the hands of Argentina, the 19-year-old is due to hold talks with the Anfield club.
It's reported that terms will be discussed this week with Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers open to loaning him back to Lille to allow him to build up more experience.
Origi emerged as one of the surprise stars of this summer's World Cup. Prior to the tournament he received little attention due to being surrounded by an array of Premier League heavyweights. But with Romelu Lukaku struggling at the tournament, Origi took his chance.
Marc Wilmots started him in the quarter-final defeat to Argentina and the Last 16 victory over the United States in place of the Chelsea striker. He also made three substitute appearances during the group phase, coming off the bench to score the winner against Russia.
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Nani transfer: No future for winger at Sporting Lisbon as club cannot afford his wages when loan deal with Manchester United runs out
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Mario Balotelli is playing badly at Liverpool because he misses his daughter, says agent
Tottenham Hotspur vs Partizan Belgrade match report: Spurs go through in Europa League - but pitch invaders grab the attention
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship