Doha to host England friendly with Brazil
Thursday 09 July 2009
Qatar Football Association general secretary Saud Al Mohannadi has confirmed that Doha will host the international friendly between Brazil and England in November.
A date of November 14 has been pencilled in, although that will depend on England qualifying for the 2010 World Cup top of their group.
"The game indeed will be held in Doha next November," Al Mohannadi told Press Association Sport. "Al Jazeera Sports Channel is in charge of this game and they have been planning it for a while.
"The role of Qatar FA is to co-ordinate with Al Jazeera channel regarding the venue of the match and the training schedules and stadiums."
Latest in Sport
Dan Hardy column: Is the hype around UFC sensation Conor McGregor justified?
Humiliated Brazil look to continue recovery at Arsenal
Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores ridiculous headed goal after blocking Moldova goalkeeper's clearance
England vs Lithuania match report: Harry Kane fires in first Three Lions goal just 78 seconds into debut to put icing on the cake
'God, she's beautiful': Embarrassment for basketball player Nigel Hayes after microphone picks up comment about female reporter
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories