Domenech considers final three France places
Thursday 20 March 2008
France's coach, Raymond Domenech, hopes next week's meetings with Mali and England will help him finalise his squad for the European Championship.
Domenech has said he knows 20 of the 23 players he will use in June. He is unlikely to waver too much from the enlarged squad he selected for last month's matches against DR Congo and Spain.
The Juventus striker David Trezeguet will return if he receives an assurance by Domenech that he will play against England on Wednesday, rather than in the A international against Mali 24 hours earlier. That is unlikely however, with Thierry Henry, Nicolas Anelka and Karim Benzema higher up in the pecking order.
The Marseilles midfielder Benoît Cheyrou is another pushing hard, but he will face strong competition from Portsmouth's Lassana Diarra and Arsenal's Abou Diaby and Mathieu Flamini.
Latest in Sport
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Watch the moment a basketball player reassures a small boy after a mass brawl erupted on court
Eden Hazard didn't like the champagne on offer in the Chelsea dressing room
Jon Stewart brings The Daily Show to WWE Raw as Seth Rollins pays the price for feud with TV presenter
Manuel Pellegrini future: Why Manchester City could turn to Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers if Pellegrini is dismissed
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men