Emmanuel Adebayor to take part in African Nations Cup
Striker involved in new dispute with Togolese Football Federation
Emmanuel Adebayor will take part in the African Nations Cup for Togo
despite reports the Tottenham striker had performed yet another U-turn
and had pulled out of the squad.
Reports in France this morning claimed Adebayor had withdrawn from Togo's squad for the tournament after a row with the country's coaching staff, but Press Association Sport understands the striker will depart for South Africa as planned following tomorrow's game against QPR.
Adebayor had originally snubbed his country's call amid fears over team security and unpaid bonuses, but reversed his decision earlier this week following a meeting with the country's president.
Tottenham will be without Adebayor for up to five matches, but manager Andre Villas-Boas insisted yesterday that he does not need to enter the transfer market to plug the gap left by the former Arsenal hitman.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014: Football Manager developers predict the team of the tournament - but which England player makes it into the XI?
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Gareth Bale puts five-bedroom Essex mansion up for sale at £2.2m following £86m switch from Tottenham to Real Madrid
Former England captain Mick Mills 'turned a blind eye' to initiation ceremony abuse at Stoke City, which included sexual assault dubbed 'The Glove'
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial