Emmanuel Adebayor to take part in African Nations Cup
Striker involved in new dispute with Togolese Football Federation
Emmanuel Adebayor will take part in the African Nations Cup for Togo
despite reports the Tottenham striker had performed yet another U-turn
and had pulled out of the squad.
Reports in France this morning claimed Adebayor had withdrawn from Togo's squad for the tournament after a row with the country's coaching staff, but Press Association Sport understands the striker will depart for South Africa as planned following tomorrow's game against QPR.
Adebayor had originally snubbed his country's call amid fears over team security and unpaid bonuses, but reversed his decision earlier this week following a meeting with the country's president.
Tottenham will be without Adebayor for up to five matches, but manager Andre Villas-Boas insisted yesterday that he does not need to enter the transfer market to plug the gap left by the former Arsenal hitman.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Chelsea: Praise to Arsene Wenger for having the courage of his convictions
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: The biggest fight of all time, or maybe just the most lucrative?
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
Chelsea transfer news: 'Eden Hazard will cost Real Madrid £100m - and a Galactico,' says Jose Mourinho
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 3 Smartphones are making children borderline autistic, says psychiatrist
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'