England drop to fifth in Fifa world rankings
Wednesday 03 October 2012
Spain remain the world's top-ranked team in the latest charts released by FIFA today.
The reigning world and European champions stay top after the World Cup qualifying fixtures last month, with Colombia and Greece breaking into the top 10.
Germany are still second, while Portugal are up to third and Argentina fourth, meaning England drop two places to fifth.
Holland are sixth, Uruguay seventh and Italy eighth, with Colombia up 13 places to ninth. Greece make up the top 10 thanks to a one-place rise.
The Republic of Ireland are 28th, while Scotland fall nine places to 56th and Wales 12 to 57. Northern Ireland rise 12 spots to 117th, despite a 1-1 draw with Luxembourg.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader