England take on Scotland in a competitive international for the first time in 17 years at Wembley on Friday night. Gareth Southgate's side go into this World Cup qualifier on top of Group F with seven points from three games, while Gordon Strachan's men sit 4th on four points. The two teams use the occasion to mark Armistice Day by wearing poppies on black armbands, in defiance of Fifa rules which prohibit political, religious or personal statements.
- Gareth Southgate encouraging confidence, not arrogance, ahead of his date with destiny
- 'Freer' Wayne Rooney to be restored to Southgate's starting line-up
- Why Jack Wilshere and Rooney have to start at Wembley, according to Ray Wilkins
- Fifa says it has not banned poppies and any claims that it has are a 'distortion of the truth'
- England players called his agent at Euro 2016 to 'get me out of this'
Follow live coverage on our blog below...
Scotland 1 (Robertson) England 3 (Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rooney 2)
Friendly, November 2014
England 3 (Walcott, Welbeck, Lambert) Scotland 2 (Morrison, Miller)
Friendly, August 2013
England 0 Scotland 1 (Hutchison)
Euro 2000 play-off, November 1999
Kick-off time: 7:45pm, Friday November 11Reuse content