England shamed by North Korea in Under-20s World Cup
England under-20s sank to a new low last night when they failed to beat North Korea in their opening group game of the Under-20s World Cup in Colombia.
The Football Association have been forced to take a squad made up of little-known players largely from the reserves of Premier League clubs. It showed last night as Brian Eastick's side drew 0-0 in Medellin in a game so poor that the Colombian fans in the stadium jeered both teams.
England have won none of their last 11 games in the U-20s World Cup dating back to 1997. They play Argentina on Monday and Mexico on Thursday.
The Sistine Chapel is set to be illuminated with thousands of LEDs
Gillian Anderson lays into gender disparity in Hollywood
Latest in Sport
Arsene Wenger 18th anniversary at Arsenal: His WORST signings XI during his time with the Gunners
18 things Wenger has still never done at Arsenal
Arsene Wenger's worst signings XI
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Nani: On loan Sporting Lisbon winger admits he may not return to Manchester United
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'