England shamed by North Korea in Under-20s World Cup
England under-20s sank to a new low last night when they failed to beat North Korea in their opening group game of the Under-20s World Cup in Colombia.
The Football Association have been forced to take a squad made up of little-known players largely from the reserves of Premier League clubs. It showed last night as Brian Eastick's side drew 0-0 in Medellin in a game so poor that the Colombian fans in the stadium jeered both teams.
England have won none of their last 11 games in the U-20s World Cup dating back to 1997. They play Argentina on Monday and Mexico on Thursday.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage