England shamed by North Korea in Under-20s World Cup
England under-20s sank to a new low last night when they failed to beat North Korea in their opening group game of the Under-20s World Cup in Colombia.
The Football Association have been forced to take a squad made up of little-known players largely from the reserves of Premier League clubs. It showed last night as Brian Eastick's side drew 0-0 in Medellin in a game so poor that the Colombian fans in the stadium jeered both teams.
England have won none of their last 11 games in the U-20s World Cup dating back to 1997. They play Argentina on Monday and Mexico on Thursday.
Latest in Sport
Manny Pacquiao secures $12.5m mansion by giving seller four tickets to 2 May fight with Floyd Mayweather
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
Cricket World Cup 2015: Has the success of the tournament spelt the end for Test matches?
Manchester United transfer news: Chris Smalling and Phil Jones face uncertain future with contract renewal talks on hold
Malaysia Grand Prix 2015 LIVE: Sebastian Vettel wins in just his second race with Ferrari with Lewis Hamilton second and Nico Rosberg third
- 1 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
- 5 Zayn Malik quits One Direction: Hundreds of workers request compassionate leave following band member's exit