England v Denmark: Kyle Walker, Andros Townsend, Adam Lallana, Steven Caulker and John Ruddy miss training
England play at Wembley on Wednesday evening
Monday 03 March 2014
Five England players missed training on Monday morning as Roy Hodgson began preparations for Wednesday's friendly against Denmark.
Kyle Walker, Andros Townsend, Adam Lallana, Steven Caulker and John Ruddy all missed the session at Tottenham's training ground.
All five are undergoing recovery work inside the state of the art facility near Enfield. Townsend, Caulker and Ruddy all played on Sunday so they were always likely to miss Monday's session.
Walker reported with his team-mates to the training ground but he was walking gingerly due to a hip injury.
Spurs boss Tim Sherwood said following the 1-0 win over Cardiff that the right-back would not play against the Danes.
Lallana played the whole of Southampton's 3-0 defeat to Liverpool on Saturday but was not deemed fit enough to train with his England team-mates on Monday.
Lallana's team-mate Luke Shaw took part in his first England training session. The 18-year-old could make his international debut at Wembley on Wednesday.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Of all the computers Apple has ever made there’s only one that Steve Jobs had to sell his car to finance
Marvel has released first teaser trailer week early after it leaked online
Latest in Sport
Anderlecht vs Arsenal match report: Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski pounce as Arsenal leave it late
How Real Madrid started copying Barcelona's old pass masters, and began reaping the rewards
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Arsenal player ratings
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure' for paralysis