England v Denmark: Tottenham defender Kyle Walker ruled out of friendly with groin injury
Spurs confirm the right-back has not recovered from the injury that has kept him out of their last four matches
Tuesday 04 March 2014
Kyle Walker has been ruled out of England's friendly against Denmark due to a groin injury.
The 23-year-old met up with the rest of the squad at their team base in Watford on Sunday night but after analysis from the England medical staff, he was deemed unfit to play.
"Kyle Walker has withdrawn from the England squad due to a groin injury," a Tottenham statement read.
"The full-back has missed our last four matches with the problem and will not be fit for England's friendly against Denmark on Wednesday."
Walker's absence means Glen Johnson is likely to win his 50th cap against the Danes at Wembley.
Walker, Andros Townsend, Steven Caulker, Adam Lallana and John Ruddy all missed England training on Monday.
Video: It is the type of thing no parent wants to hear
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Play-acting mystifies me. I was taught not to show pain
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Nani transfer: No future for winger at Sporting Lisbon as club cannot afford his wages when loan deal with Manchester United runs out
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Tottenham Hotspur vs Partizan Belgrade match report: Spurs go through in Europa League - but pitch invaders grab the attention
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings casting controversy: Ridley Scott would never cast 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship