England v Denmark: Tottenham defender Kyle Walker ruled out of friendly with groin injury
Spurs confirm the right-back has not recovered from the injury that has kept him out of their last four matches
Tuesday 04 March 2014
Kyle Walker has been ruled out of England's friendly against Denmark due to a groin injury.
The 23-year-old met up with the rest of the squad at their team base in Watford on Sunday night but after analysis from the England medical staff, he was deemed unfit to play.
"Kyle Walker has withdrawn from the England squad due to a groin injury," a Tottenham statement read.
"The full-back has missed our last four matches with the problem and will not be fit for England's friendly against Denmark on Wednesday."
Walker's absence means Glen Johnson is likely to win his 50th cap against the Danes at Wembley.
Walker, Andros Townsend, Steven Caulker, Adam Lallana and John Ruddy all missed England training on Monday.
Latest in Sport
Leicester vs Arsenal match preview: Calm Calum can be an Arsenal star for years to come, says Per Mertesacker
Tottenham vs Liverpool preview: Spurs ready to press their case for Reds revenge
Burnley vs Manchester United match report: Louis van Gaal still winless after goalless draw at Turf Moor
Tottenham vs Liverpool match preview: I can get the best out of Mario Balotelli, says Brendan Rodgers
Everton vs Chelsea player ratings: Who was best in the nine-goal thriller at Goodison?
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 It's not just the savagery of Isis that is shocking – its weaponry is too