England v Honduras team news: Roy Hodgson names strong side for final World Cup warm-up match as he makes 10 changes with only Wayne Rooney retaining his place
Gerrard, Lallana and Sturridge all start as Maynor Figueroa and Wilson Palacios start for Honduras
Saturday 07 June 2014
Roy Hodgson offered a glimpse of how England may line-up in their World Cup opener by naming a strong-looking side to face Honduras.
The Three Lions manager named the same side that started last Friday's 3-0 defeat of Peru at Wembley in their final friendly before their Group D encounter against Italy on June 14.
Raheem Sterling and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain were not in the squad due to suspension and injury respectively, while Honduras included four British-based players in their line-up.
England: Hart, Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Gerrard (c), Henderson, Welbeck, Rooney, Lallana, Sturridge.
Subs: Foster, Forster, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Lampard, Henderson, Wilshere, Barkley, Lambert
Honduras: Valladres (c); Figueroa, Bernardez, Izaguirre, Beckeles; Chavez, Espinoza, Palacios; Bengtson, Costly, Garrido.
Latest in Sport
WrestleMania 31: John Cena aims to bring the United States Championship home in rematch with Rusev
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
Cricket World Cup 2015 - Nick Knight column: It was all over the moment the cup’s best bowler bowled the best batsman
Sting vs Triple H: NWO, DX and Shawn Michaels return at Wrestlemania 31 as The Game triumphs in flashback to Monday Night Wars
Thierry Henry shows he's still got it with incredible pass against Jamie Carragher's side during Steven Gerrard tribute match
- 1 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat