England vs Norway player ratings: Was Raheem Sterling or Wayne Rooney the best player on the pitch?
A look at the individual performances at Wembley
Wednesday 03 September 2014
New captain Wayne Rooney rescued Roy Hodgson from embarrassment as a record-low crowd watched England sneak past Norway in a dull and uninspiring friendly at Wembley.
Just 40,181 turned up to the national stadium to watch England register a 1-0 win thanks to Rooney's 69th minute penalty.
Read more: England 1 Norway 0 match report
Player ratings: Was Sterling the best?
Crowd: New low at Wembley
It was the lowest England crowd at the new Wembley by more than eight thousand.
But what did they see from this England side entering into a new phase?
Did new Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck shine from the bench? Who is the player that we'll all be pinning our hopes of glory on going forward? Check out our ratings below...
Who was your man of the match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Don't mess with me, Diego Costa warns Manchester City ahead of Chelsea clash
World Masters Athletics Championships: Meet the 95-year-olds still picking up medals
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
West Ham vs Liverpool match report: Reds are caught cold by hot Hammers
Aston Villa vs Arsenal team news: Alexis Sanchez incorrectly named in starting line-up as Alex Oxlade-Chamerlain called up to start
- 1 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 3 Scottish referendum 'English question': Tory MPs call on David Cameron to create an English first minister in wake of No vote
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster