England vs Norway player ratings: Was Raheem Sterling or Wayne Rooney the best player on the pitch?
A look at the individual performances at Wembley
Wednesday 03 September 2014
New captain Wayne Rooney rescued Roy Hodgson from embarrassment as a record-low crowd watched England sneak past Norway in a dull and uninspiring friendly at Wembley.
Just 40,181 turned up to the national stadium to watch England register a 1-0 win thanks to Rooney's 69th minute penalty.
Read more: England 1 Norway 0 match report
Player ratings: Was Sterling the best?
Crowd: New low at Wembley
It was the lowest England crowd at the new Wembley by more than eight thousand.
But what did they see from this England side entering into a new phase?
Did new Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck shine from the bench? Who is the player that we'll all be pinning our hopes of glory on going forward? Check out our ratings below...
Who was your man of the match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United's best XI of the season so far: No place for Angel Di Maria or Juan Mata
Which player sells the most shirts in the Premier League?
WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
Chelsea's best XI of the season so far: Petr Cech has been better than Thibaut Courtois
Chelsea's Eden Hazard, Arsenal's Mesut Ozil and Manchester City's Jesus Navas are the three best attacking midfielders in Europe in 2015
- 1 Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 4 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 5 A new (old) cure for MRSA? Revolting recipe from the Dark Ages may be key to defeat infection