England vs Uruguay World Cup 2014: Luis Suarez booed by England fans ahead of crunch Group D clash
Wayne Rooney was booed by the Uruguay fans
England fans let Luis Suarez know exactly what they thought of him when the Liverpool striker's name was read out inside the Arena Corinthians.
Suarez, 27, is starting for a Uruguay side desperate for a win after their embarrassment at the hands of Costa Rica on Saturday.
The striker missed that game as he still hadn't recovered from knee surgery but returns to face England in Sao Paulo.
England fans inside the stadium did their best to rattle Suarez, vociferously booing when his name was read out by the announcer.
However, the Uruguay fans did not let that pass, jeering and whistling at under-fire England talisman Wayne Rooney when his name was read out.
Both teams are desperately chasing a win tonight after defeat in their opening games.
Roy Hodgson's men will know that not winning will not knock them out of the competition, but it will make things that much harder in their third game.
Latest in Sport
Robin van Persie to Fenerbahce: Manchester United striker 'agrees to personal terms' with Turkish side
Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs posts bizarre video of his Miami holiday being invaded by an iguana
Women's World Cup 2015: England secure third place as they beat Germany in extra time with penalty by Fara Williams
Arsenal transfer news: Gunners will only consider 'astronomical offer' from Atletico Madrid for Santi Cazorla
Why is it that there’s no women’s team at Manchester United? - Michael Calvin
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment