England vs Uruguay World Cup 2014: Luis Suarez booed by England fans ahead of crunch Group D clash
Wayne Rooney was booed by the Uruguay fans
England fans let Luis Suarez know exactly what they thought of him when the Liverpool striker's name was read out inside the Arena Corinthians.
Suarez, 27, is starting for a Uruguay side desperate for a win after their embarrassment at the hands of Costa Rica on Saturday.
The striker missed that game as he still hadn't recovered from knee surgery but returns to face England in Sao Paulo.
England fans inside the stadium did their best to rattle Suarez, vociferously booing when his name was read out by the announcer.
However, the Uruguay fans did not let that pass, jeering and whistling at under-fire England talisman Wayne Rooney when his name was read out.
Both teams are desperately chasing a win tonight after defeat in their opening games.
Roy Hodgson's men will know that not winning will not knock them out of the competition, but it will make things that much harder in their third game.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Frustrated Steven Gerrard should have started crucial game between Liverpool and Manchester United
Marco Reus becomes Arsenal transfer target to replace Theo Walcott
Paul Scholes: It's amazing Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has so few caps for England
New kits for 2015/16: Have the Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Barcelona strips been leaked?
England vs Lithuania: Theo Walcott 'at risk of being left behind' in Three Lions pecking order
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 3 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Jeremy Clarkson calls on trolls to leave producer Oisin Tymon alone: 'None of this is his fault'