England vs Uruguay World Cup 2014: Zlatan Ibrahimovic spotted in the crowd at Sao Paulo
The Swedish striker was also in the Maracana to see Spain lose last night
Thursday 19 June 2014
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was in the crowd to see England face Uruguay in Sao Paulo.
The Swedish striker was petitioned by a number of players to come to Brazil, finally arrived in the country yesterday and went to the Maracana to see defending champions Spain get dumped out of the World Cup by Chile.
After that game Ibra, 32, made the 267-mile trip from Rio to Sao Paulo to watch Roy Hodgson’s Three Lions.
Ibrahimovic was pictured sitting with Nasser Al Khelaifi, the president of Paris Saint-Germain.
In France's match against Spain, French supporters unveiled a banner that read "Zlatan we miss you", while stars such as Ronaldo, David Luiz, Dani Alves and Denilson took part in a video before the World Cup to encourage him to come to the tournament.
Latest in Sport
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Diego Costa keeps coin thrown at him during Capital One Cup final
Lukas Podolski corner: Has the Arsenal forward taken the worst corner of all time?
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
Eden Hazard didn't like the champagne on offer in the Chelsea dressing room
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men