England vs Uruguay World Cup 2014: Zlatan Ibrahimovic spotted in the crowd at Sao Paulo
The Swedish striker was also in the Maracana to see Spain lose last night
Thursday 19 June 2014
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was in the crowd to see England face Uruguay in Sao Paulo.
The Swedish striker was petitioned by a number of players to come to Brazil, finally arrived in the country yesterday and went to the Maracana to see defending champions Spain get dumped out of the World Cup by Chile.
After that game Ibra, 32, made the 267-mile trip from Rio to Sao Paulo to watch Roy Hodgson’s Three Lions.
Ibrahimovic was pictured sitting with Nasser Al Khelaifi, the president of Paris Saint-Germain.
In France's match against Spain, French supporters unveiled a banner that read "Zlatan we miss you", while stars such as Ronaldo, David Luiz, Dani Alves and Denilson took part in a video before the World Cup to encourage him to come to the tournament.
Latest in Sport
Cristiano Ronaldo: Unhappy forward is ready to quit Real Madrid, according to Angel Di Maria
Tim Wiese offered WWE role after German goalkeeper packs on muscle
Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal: Jurgen Klopp concerned with Dortmund injuries and praises signings of Danny Welbeck and Alexis Sanchez
Hull City vs West Ham match report: Enner Valencia stars as honours shared at the KC Stadium
Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester United: Ramon Calderon claims Real Madrid star is 'fed up'
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
- 5 QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university