England vs Uruguay World Cup 2014: Zlatan Ibrahimovic spotted in the crowd at Sao Paulo
The Swedish striker was also in the Maracana to see Spain lose last night
Thursday 19 June 2014
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was in the crowd to see England face Uruguay in Sao Paulo.
The Swedish striker was petitioned by a number of players to come to Brazil, finally arrived in the country yesterday and went to the Maracana to see defending champions Spain get dumped out of the World Cup by Chile.
After that game Ibra, 32, made the 267-mile trip from Rio to Sao Paulo to watch Roy Hodgson’s Three Lions.
Ibrahimovic was pictured sitting with Nasser Al Khelaifi, the president of Paris Saint-Germain.
In France's match against Spain, French supporters unveiled a banner that read "Zlatan we miss you", while stars such as Ronaldo, David Luiz, Dani Alves and Denilson took part in a video before the World Cup to encourage him to come to the tournament.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal and Puma unveil world's first left-footed football
Italy vs England player ratings: Did Andros Townsend's goal see him beat Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney to top marks?
Liverpool's best XI of the season so far: Raheem Sterling should play in the front three while Steven Gerrard remains on the bench
WWE Raw results: Brock Lesnar suspended for post-Wrestlemania 31 rampage after losing title to Seth Rollins
Liverpool injury news: Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge, Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren expected to be ready for Arsenal clash
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims