England vs Uruguay World Cup 2014: Zlatan Ibrahimovic spotted in the crowd at Sao Paulo
The Swedish striker was also in the Maracana to see Spain lose last night
Thursday 19 June 2014
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was in the crowd to see England face Uruguay in Sao Paulo.
The Swedish striker was petitioned by a number of players to come to Brazil, finally arrived in the country yesterday and went to the Maracana to see defending champions Spain get dumped out of the World Cup by Chile.
After that game Ibra, 32, made the 267-mile trip from Rio to Sao Paulo to watch Roy Hodgson’s Three Lions.
Ibrahimovic was pictured sitting with Nasser Al Khelaifi, the president of Paris Saint-Germain.
In France's match against Spain, French supporters unveiled a banner that read "Zlatan we miss you", while stars such as Ronaldo, David Luiz, Dani Alves and Denilson took part in a video before the World Cup to encourage him to come to the tournament.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea in Thailand: Eden Hazard offered 'free hug' as Jose Mourinho meets a familiar face
Heysel disaster 30th anniversary: Liverpool have seen too much tragedy to forget that fateful day in Belgium
Paul Scholes column: With Premier League over for another year, here are my end of season awards
Fifa bomb threat: Swiss authorities confirm a bomb threat has been made at the Fifa Congress
Michel Platini to consider pulling England and other Uefa members out of the World Cup if Sepp Blatter wins Fifa election
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone