England vs Uruguay World Cup 2014: Zlatan Ibrahimovic spotted in the crowd at Sao Paulo
The Swedish striker was also in the Maracana to see Spain lose last night
Thursday 19 June 2014
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was in the crowd to see England face Uruguay in Sao Paulo.
The Swedish striker was petitioned by a number of players to come to Brazil, finally arrived in the country yesterday and went to the Maracana to see defending champions Spain get dumped out of the World Cup by Chile.
After that game Ibra, 32, made the 267-mile trip from Rio to Sao Paulo to watch Roy Hodgson’s Three Lions.
Ibrahimovic was pictured sitting with Nasser Al Khelaifi, the president of Paris Saint-Germain.
In France's match against Spain, French supporters unveiled a banner that read "Zlatan we miss you", while stars such as Ronaldo, David Luiz, Dani Alves and Denilson took part in a video before the World Cup to encourage him to come to the tournament.
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener 'fights for his life'
Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund player ratings: Who was the star man at the Emirates? Alexis Sanchez? Santi Cazorla? Or Yaya Sanogo?
Phil Hughes: A swashbuckling, raw and talented batsman who had the world at his feet
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund report: Yaya Sanogo and Alexis Sanchez are on target as Gunners secure impressive victory
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship