Euro 2012 Diary: Spain twisting their melons
Thursday 14 June 2012
A Spanish produce company has attempted to bolster Spain's chances of retaining the European Championship by sending 500 melons to the squad in Poland. The side coached by Vicente del Bosque had to come from behind in their opening match against Italy last weekend but El Monarca hope that the gesture of goodwill will revitalise the team ahead of their next two matches, against Ireland tonight and Croatia on Monday.
Jules goes for Ireland shock
Jules the Octopus, who correctly predicted the outcome of Ireland's last general election, is confident of Irish joy in Poznan tonight. "He went straight to the Spanish flag which could mean Spain will start strongly," minder Kathy Maguire said of the Bray-based beast, who then turned pale when near the flag. "But he is predicting Ireland to win."
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Latest in Sport
Transfer news round-up: Barcelona to offer £37m for Manchester United striker Robin van Persie; Manuel Neuer interests Manchester City; Luiz Gustavo on Tottenham radar
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Gareth Bale puts five-bedroom Essex mansion up for sale at £2.2m following £86m switch from Tottenham to Real Madrid
Former England captain Mick Mills 'turned a blind eye' to initiation ceremony abuse at Stoke City, which included sexual assault dubbed 'The Glove'
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial