Euro 2012 files: The meanest defenders
Euro 2012 kicks-off in just a matter of weeks and in anticipation The Independent will be running down the key factors and people to keep an eye on in Poland and Ukraine this summer.
From free-kick takers to WAGs, blasts from the past to the youngsters, we'll have it all covered before things kick-off in Warsaw.
Here, we bring you the meanest defenders to be lining up at Euro 2012. These are the players who will be letting little past them on the fields of play in Poland and Ukraine.
Click here or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide.
Other Euro 2012 files...
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Transfer deadline day: The best memes and tweets, featuring Radamel Falcao, Javier Hernandez and Bart Simpson
Arsenal transfer news: Ray Parlour urges Arsene Wenger to make late move for Edinson Cavani
WWE Raw preview: Will John Cena continue to defy the threat of Brock Lesnar?
Danny Welbeck to Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pictured in Rome as club close in on Manchester United striker for £17m
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127