Exclusive: Peter Shilton says Joe Hart is 'not the invincible keeper we thought he was'
In conjunction with BT Sport's Life's A Pitch, we puts questions from reader of The Independent to former England goalkeeper Peter Shilton
In an exclusive video interview for The Independent, England's most capped player Peter Shilton expresses his concerns about the current form of Joe Hart.
Roy Hodgson says he will stand by the Manchester City goalkeeper during England's upcoming World Cup qualifiers and while Shilton concedes Hart is England's most experienced stopper, he adds: "There are question marks. He's got to come out fighting now."
Shilton also tells if he thinks someone will surpass his 125 caps for the Three Lions and explains how he was beaten by Diego Maradona back in the 1986 World Cup.
Watch the interview by clicking the play button above.
Join sports broadcaster Des Kelly as he hosts Life’s a Pitch Monday to Thursday at 10pm on BT Sport 1.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Aston Villa preview: I need to prove myself again at Villa, says Scott Sinclair
Transfer news and rumours LIVE: Juan Cuadrado to Chelsea, Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester City, United want Gareth Bale
Chelsea vs Manchester City player ratings: David Silva saves the day but which City star stole the show at Stamford Bridge?
Arsene Wenger photobombs Arsenal photo shoot - manages to look like famous 'Bigfoot' picture
Kim Sears 'swearing' outburst threatens to overshadow Andy Murray's Australian Open semi-final win
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'