FA considering a bid for Euro 2028 - and hope Wembley will host Euro 2020 final
Munich are standing against Wembley to host the final of the 2020 tournament
Thursday 28 August 2014
The Football Association will not rule out a bid to host the European Championship in 2028 and is confident that Wembley will win the right to stage the final of Euro 2020.
Only Munich is standing against Wembley to host the final and semi-finals of the 2020 tournament - which will be staged in multiple countries - but Germany may pull out to concentrate on bidding for Euro 2024.
FA general secretary Alex Horne, speaking in Monaco, said: "We're really confident with our bid.
"We know what the Germans have been saying. We know that they're thinking about 2024, but nothing has been confirmed."
Asked about England bidding for future tournaments even if Wembley is chosen, Horne added: "I wouldn't rule out looking at Euro 2028."
Latest in Sport
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Diego Costa keeps coin thrown at him during Capital One Cup final
Lukas Podolski corner: Has the Arsenal forward taken the worst corner of all time?
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
Eden Hazard didn't like the champagne on offer in the Chelsea dressing room
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Spiritual leader allegedly manipulated 400 men into removing testicles to be 'closer to God'