FA lodge appeals against Steven Caulker and Tom Ince bans
Pair were punished for roles in heated European Championship play-off against Serbia
Tuesday 08 January 2013
The Football Association have confirmed they have officially appealed against UEFA's bans against Steven Caulker and Tom Ince over England Under-21's heated European Championship play-off against Serbia.
Spurs defender Caulker was given a two-match ban and Blackpool winger Ince a one-match suspension after clashes between players and coaching staff at the end of the match in Krusevac in October.
FA general secretary Alex Horne said last month the FA intended to appeal against the bans.
He said then: "It is the FA's vehement belief that its players and staff acted correctly in the face of provocation, including racist abuse and missiles being thrown.
"We are therefore surprised to see that two of our players have been given suspensions.
"We shall await UEFA's reasoning but it is our intention, at this stage, to support our players and appeal these decisions."
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
Latest in Sport
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'