Fans furious as Argentina draw with Colombia in Copa America
The host nation were lucky to escape with a point after Los Cafeteros (The Coffee Growers as Colombia are known) wasted a host of chances to win the game.
Colombia dominated almost from the off and Chelsea target Radamel Falcao forced Argentina custodian Sergio Romero to a first then a second good save. Adrián Ramos could not convert a half-chance from a Moreno cross before Moreno himself inexplicably shot wide just before the interval with an open goal gaping.
Colombia continued in the same vein throughout the second-half and looked much the more likely to score, but could not make their dominance count.
Argentina finished the game with Messi, Carlos Tevez, Gonzalo Higuaín and Sergio Agüero on the pitch in a desperate attempt to find a goal but were unable to do so.
At the final whistle, Argentina were booed by their own fans at first division Colon's stadium in Santa Fe.
With two unconvincing performances and just two points from their two group games so far, the match against Costa Rica on Monday becomes a must win for the hosts.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal have no plans to stock Petr Cech inspired caps in club shops - yet
Nathaniel Clyne joins Liverpool: Transfer news live - Arda Turan decision, Petr Cech reaction, Sergio Ramos to Manchester United
Christian Benteke to Liverpool: Aston Villa striker ready to reject Tottenham
Nigel Pearson: Leicester City sack manager despite Premier League survival
Arda Turan announcement expected on Friday: Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United possible destinations
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Russian officials ban yoga because it's too much like a religious cult
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Ginger Pride festival to take place next summer, organisers say 'time of bullying gingers is over'
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network