Fernando Torres targets more goals at Euro 2012
Thursday 31 May 2012
Fernando Torres has targeted more goals at Euro 2012 after his effort in Spain's 4-1 friendly win over South Korea.
The Chelsea striker, who endured a frustrating season in west London, headed the opener for the world champions in the match in Bern last night.
Torres won praise from his manager Vicente del Bosque for his display as he moved to fourth on Spain's all-time list of top-scorers with 28 goals.
And he set his sights on going up to third during the tournament in Poland and Ukraine with Fernando Hierro just one goal better off.
"I have been feeling very good," the former Liverpool striker was quoted as saying by AS.
"Training has gone well.
"What I want is for my goals to help the team.
"I hope we can celebrate in the final and that when we have finished the championship only Raul and El Guaje (David Villa) will be ahead in the list of scorers.
"I have got through complicated moments and I feel fine now."
Spain kick off the defence of their trophy against Italy on June 10.
Latest in Sport
Daniel Sturridge injury: Alongside Luis Suarez, how the Liverpool SAS may FAIL to become the most lethal partnership in Premier League history
Arsenal: Four remaining fixtures - will they beat Everton to the final Champions League place?
Liverpool: Four remaining fixtures - can they stay top of the Premier League table?
Luis Suarez: Could Liverpool cash in on their star striker if they won the Premier League this season?
Barcelona 1 Real Madrid 2 match report: Gareth Bale scores wonder goal to claim Copa del Rey for Real
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- 5 Mrs Doubtfire 2: Robin Williams set to star in sequel to 1993 comedy