Fletcher to miss Liechtenstein tie
Thursday 06 October 2011
The Scotland captain Darren Fletcher was ruled out of Saturday's Euro 2012 qualifier against Liechtenstein yesterday. However, assistant manager Peter Houston remains "100 per cent hopeful" he will be available for their final Group I game against Spain in Alicante on Tuesday. The Manchester United midfielder has yet to join up with the rest of the squad after being struck down with tonsillitis. PA
Latest in Sport
Michael Schumacher: Ferrari president Luca Cordero di Montezemolo admits he is still in shock over accident
Jose Mourinho claims Cristiano Ronaldo and his Real Madrid team-mates spend too much time looking in the mirror
Is this the cutest pitch invasion ever? Brazil squad embrace young South African fan in heartwarming scenes after friendly match
QPR financial results: Rangers face huge fine in top flight of debtors
World Cup 2014: Sam Wallace picks his England squad - is there a place for Andy Carroll, and who wins the battle between Luke Shaw and Ashley Cole?
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Channel 4 announces two-hour TV show to be broadcast 'Live from Space' later this month
- 4 Man stabbed with Legend of Zelda Master Sword in serious condition
- 5 Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women