Focus is now on Slovenia, says Worthington
Tuesday 31 March 2009
Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington led the squad in a light training session yesterday after the rigours of the victory against Poland at the weekend.
George McCartney and Steven Davis are available again following suspension. Chris Brunt is ruled out after collecting a second yellow card against the Poles.
Worthington said: "It is nice to have the points on the board. We know it is a tough group. The Czech Republic and Poland are strong teams, and Slovenia and Slovakia are no mugs. It [qualification] would be a great achievement, but we are a long way from that. We have got to go to Poland; we have to go the Czech Republic. We have got Slovenia, which is our next game, and that is where our focus is at."
Fifa is to investigate a coin-throwing incident which halted Saturday's qualifier for five minutes.
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
Comment: Louis Van Gaal struggled at start of Bayern reign, but Manchester United's problems run deeper and Premier League is less forgiving
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond