Focus is now on Slovenia, says Worthington
Tuesday 31 March 2009
Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington led the squad in a light training session yesterday after the rigours of the victory against Poland at the weekend.
George McCartney and Steven Davis are available again following suspension. Chris Brunt is ruled out after collecting a second yellow card against the Poles.
Worthington said: "It is nice to have the points on the board. We know it is a tough group. The Czech Republic and Poland are strong teams, and Slovenia and Slovakia are no mugs. It [qualification] would be a great achievement, but we are a long way from that. We have got to go to Poland; we have to go the Czech Republic. We have got Slovenia, which is our next game, and that is where our focus is at."
Fifa is to investigate a coin-throwing incident which halted Saturday's qualifier for five minutes.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all