Focus is now on Slovenia, says Worthington
Tuesday 31 March 2009
Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington led the squad in a light training session yesterday after the rigours of the victory against Poland at the weekend.
George McCartney and Steven Davis are available again following suspension. Chris Brunt is ruled out after collecting a second yellow card against the Poles.
Worthington said: "It is nice to have the points on the board. We know it is a tough group. The Czech Republic and Poland are strong teams, and Slovenia and Slovakia are no mugs. It [qualification] would be a great achievement, but we are a long way from that. We have got to go to Poland; we have to go the Czech Republic. We have got Slovenia, which is our next game, and that is where our focus is at."
Fifa is to investigate a coin-throwing incident which halted Saturday's qualifier for five minutes.
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Transfer deadline day: The best memes and tweets, featuring Radamel Falcao, Javier Hernandez and Bart Simpson
Arsenal transfer news: Ray Parlour urges Arsene Wenger to make late move for Edinson Cavani
WWE Raw preview: Will John Cena continue to defy the threat of Brock Lesnar?
Danny Welbeck to Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pictured in Rome as club close in on Manchester United striker for £17m
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127