Foster out of England squad
Monday 10 August 2009
Goalkeeper Ben Foster has withdrawn from the England squad ahead of Wednesday's friendly international against Holland, due to a minor injury.
The Manchester United player took a slight knock during the Community Shield match against Chelsea at Wembley yesterday.
Joe Hart, currently on a season-long loan from Manchester City to Birmingham, has been called up as a replacement for Foster.
Twenty-six-year-old Foster has made just two appearances for England, both in friendlies, making his debut in February 2007 in a home defeat against Spain. He returned in the 4-0 home win over Slovakia in March.
Foster's withdrawal leaves Hart, Paul Robinson and Robert Green as England's goalkeepers.
Latest in Sport
Phil Jagielka: I may never win back England place, says Everton defender
Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
Rio Ferdinand mocks Jamie Carragher's Liverpudlian accent... but Liverpool man hits back at Londoner
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Just like Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United, Gareth Bale says he hopes to return to Tottenham 'one day'
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster