France coach Laurent Blanc takes swipe at England
Thursday 14 June 2012
France coach Laurent Blanc took a swipe at England by suggesting a "really good side" would have punished their under-performance in Monday's 1-1 draw.
Roy Hodgson's men enjoyed the better of the early exchanges in the first half and took the lead through Joleon Lescott's 30th-minute header.
However, France came back into the game and Lescott's Manchester City team-mate Samir Nasri scored the equaliser.
Blanc's side finished the match the stronger but could not force a winner, and the coach admitted their poor first-half showing could - and possibly should - have cost them.
Discussing his team plans for tomorrow's match against Ukraine, Blanc said: "Regardless of who starts they just need to relax because we can't repeat the first 30 minutes against England.
"If we had played against a really good side it would have been over."
Latest in Sport
MK Dons 4 Manchester United 0: Emmanuel Frimpong and Edin Dzeko lead the jokes as the internet reacts to humiliating defeat
Arsenal vs Besiktas: Seven reasons why Arsenal could suffer a Champions League upset
Arsenal transfer news: Could Arsene Wenger move for Danny Welbeck, Loic Remy or Edinson Cavani after Olivier Giroud's injury?
MK Dons vs Manchester United League Cup match report: Louis van Gaal is humiliated after Jonny Evans' error sparks drubbing
Fernando Torres: Chelsea striker insisting on permanent AC Milan deal - reports
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?