France vs Germany World Cup 2014: Only ONE of Arsenal's five players, Mesut Ozil, starts so will Arsene Wenger be looking at Mathieu Debuchy and Sami Khedira?
Gunners' manager is over in Brazil on punditry duty
Arsene Wenger is over in Brazil doing punditry, and he will certainly be keeping a close eye on developments in the quarter-final between France and Germany, but more for a transfer target on either side, as only one of his players out of a possible five started at the Maracana.
Mesut Ozil, who scored in the last 16 tie against Algeria, kept his place in the German side, but Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski are on the bench for Joachim Low's side.
For France, striker Olivier Giroud loses his position as the main attacker and is on the bench too.
Wenger will now have the opportunity to watch targets Mathieu Debuchy and Sami Khedira. The Gunners have been strongly linked with the France right-back and German midfielder, who both started, in recent weeks.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
Jack Wilshere's final-day strike wins Match of the Day's Goal of the Season award after Arsenal fans hijack vote
Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
Chelsea victory parade: Fans chuck celery at Sky News presenter ahead of champion's parade through London
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers safe for now as owners target signings - with £20m Christian Benteke top of list
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says