France vs Nigeria player ratings World Cup 2014: Paul Pogba? Karim Benzema? Who was the star man in Brasilia?
France 2 Nigeria 0
Monday 30 June 2014
France scored twice in the last 11 minutes to seal a 2-0 victory over Nigeria on Monday and reach the World Cup quarter-finals.
Nigeria held their own in an even first half but France stepped up the pressure after the break.
Nigeria's Victor Moses cleared a Karim Benzema shot off the line and their goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama made a series of excellent saves before Yohan Cabaye's shot hit the bar.
Enyeama flapped at a Mathieu Valbuena corner in the 79th minute, leaving Paul Pogba an open goal to head into.
France struck again in stoppage time when Nigeria defender Joseph Yobo diverted a cross into his own net.
But who was the man of the match in Brasilia? Click through the gallery below to find out...
France will play Germany or Algeria in the last eight.
Latest in Sport
WrestleMania 31: John Cena aims to bring the United States Championship home in rematch with Rusev
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
Cricket World Cup 2015 - Nick Knight column: It was all over the moment the cup’s best bowler bowled the best batsman
Sting vs Triple H: NWO, DX and Shawn Michaels return at Wrestlemania 31 as The Game triumphs in flashback to Monday Night Wars
Thierry Henry shows he's still got it with incredible pass against Jamie Carragher's side during Steven Gerrard tribute match
- 1 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat