Germany midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger shakes off injury
Thursday 07 June 2012
The midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger said yesterday that he had recovered from a calf complaint.
Schweinsteiger returned to full training on Monday.
The 27-year-old Bayern Munich player said: "I'm fine. It's fun to play with such a team." Schweinsteiger, who has been capped 90 times, missed the warm-up defeat by Switzerland two weeks ago.
Germany's goalkeeper, Manuel Neuer, is in a confident mood. "We are better than in 2010 because we can fill each position twice and that was not the case at the World Cup," he said. "We are now more mature in our automatic processes and we know each other much better."
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Arsenal transfer news: Ray Parlour urges Arsene Wenger to make late move for Edinson Cavani
WWE Raw preview: Will John Cena continue to defy the threat of Brock Lesnar?
Danny Welbeck to Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pictured in Rome as club close in on Manchester United striker for £17m
Danny Welbeck signs for Arsenal: Gunners confirm signing from Manchester United
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127