Germany midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger shakes off injury
Thursday 07 June 2012
The midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger said yesterday that he had recovered from a calf complaint.
Schweinsteiger returned to full training on Monday.
The 27-year-old Bayern Munich player said: "I'm fine. It's fun to play with such a team." Schweinsteiger, who has been capped 90 times, missed the warm-up defeat by Switzerland two weeks ago.
Germany's goalkeeper, Manuel Neuer, is in a confident mood. "We are better than in 2010 because we can fill each position twice and that was not the case at the World Cup," he said. "We are now more mature in our automatic processes and we know each other much better."
Latest in Sport
Chelsea players allowed 20 minutes to celebrate, says Jose Mourinho after Capital One Cup victory
Liverpool vs Manchester City match report: Stunners from Philippe Coutinho and Jordan Henderson sink Manuel Pellegrini's side
Arsenal 2 Everton 0 player ratings: Who scored highest at the Emirates?
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
Chelsea vs Tottenham - Capital One Cup final match report: Captain John Terry inspires Blues triumph at Wembley Stadium
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Dakota Johnson's 'It's only Isis' Saturday Night Live sketch sparks controversy
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'