Germany v Algeria team news: Jerome Boateng and Mario Gotze come in to replace Mats Hummels and Lukas Podolski
Joachim Loew has been forced to shuffle his defence, with Shkrodan Mustafi starting at right-back, but the Germans are expected to cruise through to the quarter-finals
Germany have been forced into a change in their backline with Mats Hummels and Lukas Podolski both set to miss out, while Algeria are missing key man Yacine Brahimi.
Low was expected to throw Bayern Munich duo Mario Gotze and Bastian Schweinsteiger back into the side to replace Podolski and Sami Khedira and has done so with his line-up, although there are injury concerns over the midfield pair.
Defender Jerome Boateng has recovered from a knee injury and has replaced Mats Hummels in the centre of defence.
Algeria meanwhile, have changed their line-up somewhat surprisingly. Coach Vahid Halilhodzic was expected to feature the same side that played Russia, but Granada playmaker Yacine Brahimi will miss out.
Pacy winger Abdelmoumene Djabou is also dropped from the starting XI, with El Arabi Soudani coming into the attack.
Germany: Neuer, Mustafi, Mertesacker, Boateng, Howedes; Lahm (c), Schweinsteiger, Kroos; Ozil, Muller, Gotze
Algeria: Mbolhi; Mandi, Belkalem, Halliche (c), Ghoulam; Taider, Mostefa, Lacen; Feghouli, Slimani, Soudani
Latest in Sport
Phillip Hughes: #putoutyourbats tribute sees Twitter users pay their respects to Hughes including Graeme Swann and David Warner
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Nani transfer: No future for winger at Sporting Lisbon as club cannot afford his wages when loan deal with Manchester United runs out
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Phillip Hughes death: UK company Masuri say Australian opener was wearing 'outdated helmet'
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship