Germany vs Argentina team news Word Cup 2014 final: Angel di Maria will NOT start for Argentina because of a thigh injury
Germany are unchanged from the starting XI who beat Brazil 7-1
Sunday 13 July 2014
Argentina winger Angel di Maria has lost his fitness battle to start in the World Cup final against Germany. The Real Madrid player has been struggling with a thigh injury.
Joachim Low's Germany are also unchanged from the side who thrashed Brazil 7-1.
Germany (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Höwedes; Khedira, Schweinsteiger; Müller, Kroos, Özil; Klose.
Argentina (4-3-1-2): Romero; Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay, Rojo; Biglia, Mascherano, Perez; Messi; Higuain, Lavezzi.
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
Sam Wallace: Louis Van Gaal struggled at start of Bayern’s Double-winning season, but United’s problems run deeper and this league is less forgiving
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond