Ghana 1 USA 2: Who rated higher Clint Dempsey or Christian Atsu?
Tuesday 17 June 2014
One early goal and one late goal, gave the United States a surprise victory in another exciting World Cup game.
Clint Dempsey struck early, so early in fact that it was the fifth fastest goal in World Cup history.
However after that Ghana were largely in charge of the game and for extended parts of it the USA did well to hold on.
Despite that, the African side were wasteful in front of goal and never posed a huge threat to the opposition goal in the first half.
After the break that changed and eventually they deservedly equalised through Andre Ayew.
However the game had one more twist as substitute John Brooks headed home a late and dramatic winner for the USA.
But how did the players rate?
Who do you think were the stand-out performers? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Liverpool's 2005 Champions League-winning side: From Jerzy Dudek to Vladimir Smicer - where are they now?
Jack Wilshere's final-day strike wins Match of the Day's Goal of the Season award after Arsenal fans hijack vote
Jurgen Klopp favourite to replace Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool if he's sacked
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Brendan Rodgers: 87 per cent of readers think Liverpool should sack their manager
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women