Gianni Infantino was on Friday voted in as Fifa ninth president and first new head since 1998.
The Swiss-Italian administrator, previously Uefa vice-president, will be tasked with trying to improve and re-brand an institution many view as rotten to the core.
Here are five crucial tasks he must undertake as new Fifa President.
- Implement the reforms passed in the extraordinary congress in full and without compromise and help member associations to do the same in an effort to change the culture of football governance.
- Appoint a secretary general, effectively a chief executive, to oversee the day-to-day running of FIFA. The president nominates an individual, who is then approved by the council, provided integrity checks are passed.
- Be open, honest and, yes, transparent. Investigate any whispers of corruption and assist United States and Swiss investigators with their ongoing inquiries.
- Publish the Garcia Report into the bidding process for the 2018/2022 World Cups, which were awarded to Russia and Qatar, respectively. Investigate any alleged wrongdoing if evidence emerges.
- Clarify the bidding process for the 2026 World Cup and ensure that never again can the bidding process for two tournaments take place at the same time.