Greece vs Côte d'Ivoire World Cup 2014 player ratings: Yaya Toure or Giorgios Samaras - who rated higher?
Player ratings from the Group C clash
Wednesday 25 June 2014
Former Celtic striker Georgios Samaras struck an injury-time penalty as Greece snatched a place in the World Cup last-16 with a dramatic 2-1 win over Ivory Coast.
The African side had looked to be going through to the knockout stages as Group C runners-up after Swansea's Wilfried Bony cancelled out Andreas Samaris' first-half strike in the 74th minute in Fortaleza.
But Greece, who hit the woodwork three times, showed considerable improvement on their earlier performances in the tournament and grabbed victory after Samaras - recently released by Celtic - was felled late on.
It was no less than the Greeks deserved for an enterprising performance after a slow start.
Who do you think should have been man of the match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Frustrated Steven Gerrard should have started crucial game between Liverpool and Manchester United
Marco Reus becomes Arsenal transfer target to replace Theo Walcott
Paul Scholes: It's amazing Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has so few caps for England
New kits for 2015/16: Have the Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Barcelona strips been leaked?
England vs Lithuania: Theo Walcott 'at risk of being left behind' in Three Lions pecking order
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 3 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Jeremy Clarkson calls on trolls to leave producer Oisin Tymon alone: 'None of this is his fault'