Greece vs Côte d'Ivoire World Cup 2014 player ratings: Yaya Toure or Giorgios Samaras - who rated higher?
Player ratings from the Group C clash
Wednesday 25 June 2014
Former Celtic striker Georgios Samaras struck an injury-time penalty as Greece snatched a place in the World Cup last-16 with a dramatic 2-1 win over Ivory Coast.
The African side had looked to be going through to the knockout stages as Group C runners-up after Swansea's Wilfried Bony cancelled out Andreas Samaris' first-half strike in the 74th minute in Fortaleza.
But Greece, who hit the woodwork three times, showed considerable improvement on their earlier performances in the tournament and grabbed victory after Samaras - recently released by Celtic - was felled late on.
It was no less than the Greeks deserved for an enterprising performance after a slow start.
Who do you think should have been man of the match? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Crystal Palace manager latest: Malky Mackay ruled out due to messy departure from previous club Cardiff
Sami Khedira to Arsenal: Midfield omitted from Real Madrid squad for Spanish Super Cup
David Gold furious after Carlton Cole parody account mocks up a picture of West Ham chairman as a suspect in the Madeleine McCann case
Manchester United's worst signings
Angel Di Maria latest: Manchester United target is Real Madrid's 'best player', says Diego Simeone
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence