Howard Webb misses out on refereeing Euro 2012 final
Friday 29 June 2012
Howard Webb's hopes of adding another showpiece occasion to his
glittering CV have been dashed after it was confirmed Portuguese referee
Pedro Proenca will take charge of Sunday's Euro 2012 final between
Spain and Italy in Kiev.
Webb refereed the last World Cup final, a season when he also did the Champions League final.
He was fourth official for last night's semi-final between Italy and Germany.
However, he has been overlooked for the biggest game of the tournament in favour of Proenca, who was in charge of England's quarter-final defeat to Italy in Kiev.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Of all the computers Apple has ever made there’s only one that Steve Jobs had to sell his car to finance
Marvel has released first teaser trailer week early after it leaked online
Latest in Sport
Anderlecht vs Arsenal match report: Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski pounce as Arsenal leave it late
How Real Madrid started copying Barcelona's old pass masters, and began reaping the rewards
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Arsenal player ratings
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure' for paralysis