Hughes pleased with Speed choice
Friday 17 December 2010
Mark Hughes has backed Gary Speed to turn around Wales' fortunes and repair any damage done during the John Toshack era.
Speed this week succeeded Toshack, who replaced Hughes as manager in 2004.
"He's got a strong personality, he's good with people," said Hughes. "[The players] will relate better to Gary than they perhaps did to the previous manager."
Latest in Sport
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Best memes as Twitter reacts to imminent £16m transfer
Sami Khedira to Arsenal? Arsene Wenger reveals Gunners are still in the market for defensive midfielder
Liverpool transfer news: Samuel Eto'o still on Brendan Rodgers' radar despite imminent arrival of Mario Balotelli - reports
Malky Mackay texts: Harry Redknapp defends former Cardiff City manger - 'he hasn't raped anyone and he is not a paedophile'
Mario Balotelli to Liverpool: Risky business to think Balotelli can replace Luis Suarez
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27