Iran 0 Nigeria 0 player ratings: How did John Obi Mikel fare against Ashkan Dejagah?
A look at the individual performances in Curitiba
Monday 16 June 2014
It had to happen some time and tonight in Curitiba Iran and Nigeria played out the first draw of the tournament.
In contrast to the rest of this enthralling competition, the two sides could only manage to provide a dull 0-0 draw, the first disappointing match of this World Cup.
Stephen Keshi's men started with Premier League stars including John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses but produced a performance riddled with errors and few clear-cut chances.
Former Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi replaced Moses after 52 minutes but couldn't break the deadlock and in the end the final whistle proved to be a sweet release.
But how did the players rate?
Who do you think were the stand-out performers? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Enrique Iglesias injured trying to catch a drone mid concert
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, reveals new look on Annie Leibovitz shot Vanity Fair cover
- 3 Arsenal players boo chief-executive Ivan Gazidis after being told they would not get bonus for FA Cup triumph
- 4 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 5 UK weather: Temperatures set to soar making parts of Britain hotter than parts of the Mediterranean