Iran 0 Nigeria 0 player ratings: How did John Obi Mikel fare against Ashkan Dejagah?
A look at the individual performances in Curitiba
Monday 16 June 2014
It had to happen some time and tonight in Curitiba Iran and Nigeria played out the first draw of the tournament.
In contrast to the rest of this enthralling competition, the two sides could only manage to provide a dull 0-0 draw, the first disappointing match of this World Cup.
Stephen Keshi's men started with Premier League stars including John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses but produced a performance riddled with errors and few clear-cut chances.
Former Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi replaced Moses after 52 minutes but couldn't break the deadlock and in the end the final whistle proved to be a sweet release.
But how did the players rate?
Who do you think were the stand-out performers? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
Sam Wallace: Louis Van Gaal struggled at start of Bayern’s Double-winning season, but United’s problems run deeper and this league is less forgiving
- 1 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install update
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair