Ireland's Richard Dunne relishes the big stage provided by Euro 2012
Wednesday 06 June 2012
Richard Dunne says he cannot wait to make up for lost time as he prepares to taste major tournament action for the first time.
The 32-year-old was part of the Republic of Ireland squad for the 2002 World Cup, but did not feature as Mick McCarthy's men came within a whisker of the quarter-finals.
At Euro 2012, they face a tough challenge in a group that includes Italy and holders Spain and the Aston Villa defender said: "I can't wait. They are the biggest games of all of our lives, probably. I am really confident about how strong we are and if things go our way as far as luck is, we can definitely give everyone a test."
Latest in Sport
Frank Lampard was RIGHT not to celebrate Manchester City's equaliser against Chelsea
All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Five reasons why Louis van Gaal is a worse Manchester United manager than David Moyes
Comment: Louis Van Gaal struggled at start of Bayern reign, but Manchester United's problems run deeper and Premier League is less forgiving
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 What are your fingerprint words?
- 5 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets