ITV to show England's opening two group games against US and Algeria
Tuesday 23 March 2010
ITV will show England's opening two group games against the US and Algeria at this summer's finals in South Africa, with the BBC screening the last against Slovenia, then having the pick of the round of 16 and quarter-final games.
If England reach the semi-final both broadcasters will show the game and both will show the final. It is the traditional split, with the commercially sensitive ITV taking the safe option of games that will definitely count, while the BBC is able to take a longer-term view. England's first two games both kick off in prime time, at 7.30pm, and promise to deliver large audiences. ITV will also show the opening game on 11 June between South Africa and Mexico. The BBC's first game will be Uruguay v France later that evening.
Latest in Sport
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Watch the moment a basketball player reassures a small boy after a mass brawl erupted on court
Eden Hazard didn't like the champagne on offer in the Chelsea dressing room
Jon Stewart brings The Daily Show to WWE Raw as Seth Rollins pays the price for feud with TV presenter
Why Manchester City could turn to Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers if Manuel Pellegrini is dismissed
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Ed Miliband less influential than One Direction's Louis Tomlinson by official Doncaster power list
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for