Ivory Coast face Zambia for title
Thursday 09 February 2012
Ivory Coast will play Zambia in the final of the African Cup of Nations on Sunday after both narrowly won their semi-finals yesterday.
Arsenal striker Gervinho scored for the Ivory Coast as they saw off Mali 1-0, running more than 30 yards to fire home after beating his marker with a superb back-heel.
Meanwhile, Zambia shocked Ghana by beating the favourites 1-0, Emmanuel Mayuka scoring with 12 minutes to go after Asamoah Gyan missed a first-half penalty for Ghana.
Latest in Sport
- 1 PlayStation and Xbox hacked by Lizard Squad
- 2 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 3 The Grace Dent Christmas Questionnaire
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Vagina canoe artist defends herself over ‘obscenity’ charges