Jagielka may be the right man to counter Vucinic
Fabio Capello is minded to start Phil Jagielka at right-back against Montenegro in Podgorica on Friday to counter the threat of Mirko Vucinic.
The 28-year-old Vucinic, who plays for Juventus, has been identified by Capello as the main threat to England in their final Euro 2012 qualifier. Despite the absence of the injured Glen Johnson and Chris Smalling, Capello is well-covered at right-back with Kyle Walker, Micah Richards and Phil Jones all able to play there as well as Jagielka.
The team will work on their shape in training today and are due to fly to Montenegro tomorrow.
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Frustrated Steven Gerrard should have started crucial game between Liverpool and Manchester United
Marco Reus becomes Arsenal transfer target to replace Theo Walcott
Paul Scholes: It's amazing Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has so few caps for England
New kits for 2015/16: Have the Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Barcelona strips been leaked?
England vs Lithuania: Theo Walcott 'at risk of being left behind' in Three Lions pecking order
- 1 Germanwings crash: Police make 'significant discovery' at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz
- 2 Zayn Malik already working on solo material, just days after quitting One Direction
- 3 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Jeremy Clarkson calls on trolls to leave producer Oisin Tymon alone: 'None of this is his fault'