Germany World Cup 2014: Coach Joachim Low picks his nose then shakes Cristiano Ronaldo's hand after World Cup 4-0 win
It was truly a game to forget for Portugal's talisman
To add insult to injury, here is Germany coach Joachim Low shaking Cristiano Ronaldo's hand as the forward leaves the pitch at the end of Portugal's 4-0 thrashing on Monday - seconds after giving his nose a good old pick.
Should Ronaldo now catch a cold and miss the rest the tournament, there is only one man to blame.
It capped a game to forget for Portugal's talisman, who hit only 28% of his shots on target in Salvador.
Thomas Muller scored a hat-trick in the triumph for Germany, and Low, after digging around inside his nose, spoke of his admiration for the Bayern Munich forward.
"He is a very unorthodox player and you can't really predict his lines of running," Low said after the match. "He has one aim and that is: 'How can I score a goal?' That makes him so dangerous, especially in the box."
Did he mean to do it? Watch Low's filthy handshake below...
But Low does have previous in the booger badgering department. As this video below, from the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, shows.
Read more: Match report: Germany 4 Portugal 0
Ronaldo throws shirt into crowd before match
Should Pepe have been sent off?
Germany are back in action on Ghana in Fortaleza on Saturday, while Portugal next face USA on Sunday.
Latest in Sport
Sheffield United vs Tottenham match report: Christian Eriksen breaks hearts after Che Adams had brought Blades back from the brink
Gabriel Paulista: Talented Brazilian could grow into world-class defender at Arsenal
Tottenham player ratings: Christian Eriksen? Harry Kane? Who was the star man at Bramall Lane?
Andy Murray vs Tomas Berydch: Murray cool over reunion with coach Dani Vallverdu at the Australian Open
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Pair meet at NBA game and exchange numbers, will the fight be announced during Super Bowl?
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help