Liverpool striker Andy Carroll earns England chance
The striker is currently out on loan with West Ham
Roy Hodgson's assistant Ray Lewington will scout the West Ham striker Andy Carroll on Saturday when he faces his former club Newcastle, with a view to bringing him back into the England squad.
Carroll, 24, has not been called up England since October. He has just seven goals this season – but four in the last five games – and Hodgson has few options. England play Republic of Ireland at Wembley and Brazil in Rio at the end of the season.
Latest in Sport
Ashley Cole and Luke Shaw rise to the bait to deny they are the rumoured 'gay England footballer'
West Brom 0 Manchester United 3 match report: Manchester United stick to the script as Robin Van Persie loses the plot
Chelsea 4 Tottenham Hotspur 0: Manager Tim Sherwood calls on Spurs to show guts following heavy defeat
Arsenal 4 Everton 1 match report: Revitalised Mesut Özil breathes life into Arsenal
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United: Is Wayne Rooney really in Robin van Persie’s way at United?
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it