Luis Suarez and the longest football bans featuring Eric Cantona, Mark Schwarzer and erm, Luis Suarez again
Luis Suarez was given an unprecedented nine-match international suspension by Fifa plus a four-month ban from all football activity after biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during Uruguay's 1-0 victory over Italy in the World Cup group stage.
Suarez will now not be seen on a football pitch again until after 26 October beacuse of the four-month ban, although Liverpool can appeal the decision. The club have yet to confirm whether they will do so.
Read more: What Liverpool matches will he miss?
Chiellini pokes fun at Suarez
Comment: Let's move past shock value
But where does Suarez's latest suspension rank among other memorable bans. Click through the gallery to find out...
The match Suarez is expected to return for is Newcastle United at St James' Park in the league on 1 November.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United's best XI of the season so far: No place for Angel Di Maria or Juan Mata
WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
Sting vs Triple H: NWO, DX and Shawn Michaels return at Wrestlemania 31 as The Game triumphs in flashback to Monday Night Wars
Thierry Henry shows he's still got it with incredible pass against Jamie Carragher's side during Steven Gerrard tribute match
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 3 WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
- 4 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath