Luis Suarez: Barcelona chasing Liverpool striker for £68m who is 'in love' with the club
Spanish newspaper claim Suarez wants a move to the Catalan giants
Luis Suarez is 'in love' with Barcelona and wants to leave Liverpool this summer, according to reports in Spain.
Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo have claimed the Uruguayan striker who vanquished England in Sao Paulo has 'always left the door open' for a move to the Nou Camp.
The 27-year-old scored two excellent goals as Uruguay dumped England out of World Cup Group D with a 2-1 win on Thursday night.
The paper have dedicated five pages to the potential transfer this morning qnd claim that Suarez made the decision to leave Liverpool after the 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace last season.
Suarez's daughter was born in Barcelona, and Mundo also argue that his ongoing feud with the British media is a big part of his desire to leave.
The paper says a potential transfer will cost Barcelona €85m (£68m).
Latest in Sport
Paul Scholes: Manchester United vs Liverpool - I don't understand why Brendan Rodgers was not more attacking against Basel
Jesus Christ plays for Chelsea - that's what one in five children thinks
Transfer Talk: Nemanja Vidic to return to Manchester United; Hazard to leave Chelsea; Sunderland want Radamel Falcao
Frank Warren column: Don't bet on Amir Khan landing pay day against Floyd Mayweather
Manchester United transfer news: Kevin Strootman move edges closer
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more